Slow download + other apps won't work

Celestialray

So, when I try to download something (my provider speed limit is about 12MB/sec), it works fine for the first ~30 seconds (at about 10MB/sec). Then, the speed tanks at about 2MB/sec and stays at that point until the download finishes or (this is strange) I restart utorrent. Why would that happen when I restart utorrent?

Also, while I download using utorrent, my web browser won't load any page. That's to be expected if utorrent eats up all the bandwidth, but that happens even when utorrent downloads with only 2MB/sec. Stranger than that, the page isn't stuck in loading like it should be due to abysmal bandwidth. Instead, I get something like this:

"This site can’t be reached

www.google.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

I have to mention I tried the google dns servers as well as my provider's.

Avast antivirus. I haven't tried to disable it, but I will in the future if this still persists.

No firewall.

No guide. Everything is default as far as I can recall and I checked the settings many times. They didn't seem off to me and I have tried to change some stuff to no avail.

4 hours ago, Celestialray said:

Avast antivirus. I haven't tried to disable it, but I will in the future if this still persists.

No firewall.

No guide. Everything is default as far as I can recall and I checked the settings many times. They didn't seem off to me and I have tried to change some stuff to no avail.

If you use Windows by default it has a firewall built in. What do you mean haven't tried to disable and will in the future? This makes no sense if your having problem disable it or uninstall and see if the problem persist. Not doing this is the first step to not getting much help to diagnosis the problem.

Archived