all my media deleted?

justindh

Hello all.  I'm running a much older version of uTorrent, so i don't think my problem is related to some of the recent issues people are posting about the recent big uTorrent update.

Yesterday i downloaded a torrent, then got a BSOD (blue screen of death.)  after rebooting, and checking things out, it became apparent that all my media, movies, tv, music, pictures, MUCH MORE than anything i torrented was gone, across multiple harddrives.   at first i thougth i was loosing a hard drive, but now i think it must be a virus.  AVG and Malware bytes don't find any viruses. 

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Thanks in advance for anyones help!

-justin

I'm running a much older version of uTorrent

Which isn't supported.

Yesterday i downloaded a torrent, then got a BSOD (blue screen of death.)  after rebooting, and checking things out, it became apparent that all my media, movies, tv, music, pictures, MUCH MORE than anything i torrented was gone, across multiple harddrives.

Whatever happened to your drives is beyond the scope of what we handle on these forums.

Hi Dreadwing, i understand the points you made above.  I'm not sure where the best place to seek help for this is, and this seemed like a friendly, helpful community.    If anyone can point me in the right direction, even though your above points are valid, I'd be grateful.

-justin

We can't help you if your drive takes a dump on you. You will have to take it to a computer shop to fix your problem here. And what every you loaded to cause your BSOD it wasn't utorrent - as I am with older version and never had that problem.

Archived