i need help

ahsanaqureshi

hi all, i am new here and was wondering if you guys could help me out here

my downloads have just stopped dead all of a sudden, i am using the latest version of utorent, and my firewall is McAfee.

whats really strange is that the tracker status shows that the torrent is working however i cannot connect to any peer (or leecher for that matter). i am currently downloading torent shows that this season have 63 seeders and 618 downloaders...but no one connects..why?

i checked my port...first it was 60001, utorent gave an error saying that the port was not opened, i changed it to 50001, at first utorrent said that the port is opened, now after 15 minutes it is giving the same error....

do i need to change my McAfee settings? if yes then how? please help

thanks in advance

We don't care what you're downloading. If the port isn't opened, then you have to forward on your router... if you already did, then I'm not sure what to say. If you can figure out how to set McAfee up to allow µTorrent access to the port, then cool. Otherwise, you're going to have to uninstall it and switch firewalls (McAfee isn't all that great anyhow).

One of µTorrent's settings is probably simply too high/too much for your connection. That's why it starts out ok and then has trouble.

My guess is half-open connections limit in µTorrent.

My second guess would be your upload speed limit is set too high.

My 3rd guess is either DHT or UPnP in µTorrent is causing your router/modem problems because they suck.

Archived