Any Options Barely Ever Work

pepanee

With the many different times I've reinstalled the computer / reinstalled uTorrent / updated uTorrent, for about the past 5 years or so, the majority of the options that I set rarely ever work. I set the upload limit of a certain file to 100 kbps, so the upload starts to slow down, but then speeds up to over 200 kbps and keeps increasing/decreasing very slightly. It ignores any options I set for the upload speed. This also applies to the download speed.

There's another option of whenever I load a torrent to download, and select only a few files from that torrent to download, and skip the rest, uTorrent tends to download the beginning and end of every single file at first (even the skipped files) and then starts to download the few desired files I want. 

There's many more options that I can't think of at the top of my head at the moment.

This (and Bittorrent) are the only apps that I've seen that ignore options that I set. Anyone know why this is all set up like this?

Actually, by coincidence, I figured (and wrote down) how to make the upload limiter work. In the options there are the two "Apply rate limit..." selections that must be checked. Good I found that.

But the other issue is still something that I need to solve somehow. thanks

Archived