Crashes multiple times a day

unknownsoldierx

uTorrent 3.5 beta 43534

A few days ago I enabled the option "pre-allocate all files" to try and cut down on file fragmentation. Later in the day, a box popped up saying that uTorrent had crashed. I reloaded uTorrent and a few hours later it did it again. I never had this happen before, so I assumed it was a problem with the setting change. I disabled pre-allocate, but the crash problem has continued, at least once per day.

I updated to beta 44010, and uTorrent crashed at launch. The program wouldn't load.

I am back to beta 43534, but it still crashes at least once per day.

I have dump files for each version, but I'm not sure what to do with them. The forum only excepts small image files.

No A/V, and no firewall except the Windows firewall. Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 7 x64.

It doesn't say anything except that uTorrent has crashed and that it created a dump file. It's not a regular Windows style dialog box, It looks to be a dialog box specific to uTorrent and it has a checkbox to send the dump file. It asks whether or not to relaunch the uTorrent. If I choose to relaunch with the dump file box checked, it says it fails.

And there is no way you can provide that screen shot? Saying "regular windows style dialog box" tells us next to nothing here.... And did you uninstall completely all utorrent and delete the appdata folder it created and reinstalled to see where the problem was?

Archived