a speed problem...

shinichi1122

the downloading speed never exceeds 20KB/S. I found it said "DHT Waiting to log in" or "DHT 0 nodes(Login)" at the bottom of utorrent. The DHT is enabled in utorrent. Actually, I never change anything in the preference.

I guess if my DHT network works fine, I may get a good speed...But now, I wonder how can I make my DHT network works. Is it something that I need to do with my Internet service guys or I shall deal with my computer or router? Thanks~

Your network speed may be 100 megabits/sec theoretical max, but in practice probably no more than 80 megabits/sec is available across your LAN.

Your router probably connects to your ADSL/Cable modem via a 10 megabits/sec ethernet cable.

Your ADSL/Cable modem probably only has ~6 megabits/sec top download rate and if you're lucky 0.5 megabits/sec upload rate.

You need to set speed limits based on your internet connection (the ADSL/Cable modem) not your LAN connection's top speed.

DHT has little to do with getting good download+upload speeds on torrents with more than 10 peers+seeds.

it's shaw. I am in Calgary. I think the problem that I have to solve is to get my DHT network works..

I have no idea why my DHT doesn't work, however it worked for a short time. Just short time...and then it was down. when my DHT worked, the downing speed is around 100kb/s...so I think the problem is on DHT...

Archived