Stuck torrents

dacari

Apologies if this discussed elsewhere. I have a number of torrents in my queue and set to download 1 or 2 at a time.  If one torrents gets stuck downloading or such as lost of peers, UT will not automatically start downloading next in the queue. I guess my question is there a timeout settings for torrent downloads so that If you have a bank of torrents to download progress is not stopped if one torrent stops downloading or is downloading extremely slowly. Or only attempt to download torrent if a certain amount of peers are available.

Thanks

Screen shot of the problem? It could be a dead torrent in which there is nothing you can do to fix it. Or if the uploader removes or stop the torrent sharing then your left to wait until someone else uploads it or the uploader starts the torrent again. Torrents speeds are dependent of the swarm and sharing and if there is enough bandwidth to torrent the file otherwise less bandwidth the slower the speed. And also don't forget ISP throttle can also be happening if they detect torrent usage if this is the case there is nothing you can do about it since they can throttle any torrent activity.

Thanks PiusX...I understand what you are saying about the reason the torrent may stop. I was just wondering if there was a setting or way for UT to move to the next torrent instead of just staying stuck on the one that is dead. I am thinking some type of  download timeout setting.

You stop it so it will download the next available torrent on your list. Nothing more you can do if a torrent does nothing or is dead link. Worse comes to worse just delete the torrent and remove any files it downloaded to clear up space and continue with other live torrents.

Thanks...kinda understood that. Because I have a headless dedication torrent box, I was just wondering if there was a way to automate the process of stopping dead torrent(s) after a set period of time of inactivity as I have 60-70 in the list at one time and sometimes one torrent brings a halt to everything.

Archived