New to torrent several questions

bhbo2455

Hi so I am new to torrent and I have found it really interesting about how it works... I have found also some doubts that I can't seem to find in any of the articles or forums that are online so my questions are;

1) Is it necessary to keep both the files downloaded and the torrent file in order to seed properly?

2) whenever I turn off my computer files of course stop seeding, but when I turn it back on I have to re-download the torrent file eventhough I keep both the downloaded file and the torrent file so what can I do to start seeding withoud having to download the whole file again?

3) at the moment I open a torrent in utorrent and I select a destination... if I move it from that place I have to update the destination place for that specific torrent? that is why some times the error: files missing appears?

4) even if I keep seeding it doesn't mean that someone will be seeding from me? it may take sometime for someone to start seeding from my file?

5) are there any limits for seeding in utorrent?

6) the torrent files have to be in the same location as the downloaded files?

I think that those are all of my doubts... Thank you in advance 

57 minutes ago, DreadWingKnight said:

1> yes

2> Did you remove the torrent from uTorrent?

3> "Set download location" from the right-click menu

4> Just because you're offering, it doesn't mean anyone's looking

5> Not imposed by uTorrent itself, but your system may limit you

6> No.

I may have moved them to a different location... so I just update the location and it starts again when I force re-check?

Archived