Utorrent starting up on its own

evildeadguy2015

Hi when i start up the computer utorrent seems to start up on its own i already have it set in the utorrent settings

not to start on its own when windows does so not sure why it would still be starting up on its own I'm using windows 10

if you can help let me know thanks... i even looked in Msconfig and utorrent doesn't show up in startup so nothing

to uncheck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What settings? No one here can see it? You need to show a screen shot or look closer to your settings as the only way for it to start is if you have the option "run" checked on the settings for utorrent to start at Windows startup. I know it's there I seen it and also I don't think that shows up on the startup menu either as it doesn't create a file there.

Hey,

I am having the same issue as you. but i can provide more content. it started starting up on its own right after installing the windows 10 fall creators update. i have also tried selecting then unselecting the start up at windows start, but its still doing it. i cant find any settings within windows that have it listed as a program to run at startup.

I am having the exact same problem - since the recent huge Windows update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling uTorrent - to no avail. I am using Windows 10.  I have tried Task MAnager Start up - nothing showing, Windows config - same - nothing. In Preferences I have unchecked start with Windows too. Yet uTorrent still insists on opening as soon as I turn the PC on.

What happens if you uncheck "Send detailed" would that still happen? And did you go to the startup folder to see what was in there for startup? And did you look at the Windows settings as well to see that utorrent wasn't set to run at startup as well? You should look at all possible places where there could be setting that was changed to make utorrent run at startup. Otherwise you can recheck the Start options in "Windows integration" close and restart the computer and then uncheck those boxes in "Windows integration" close and then restart and see what happens. So at this point your going to have to do some process of elimination where the settings is check that is permitting utorrent to run. I know with my utorrent installed older version I have the "Start" options unchecked and it doesn't start when Windows starts.

Hey I have this exact problem since tonight.

I don't know what happened but as soon as I reboot my pc utorrent pop up.

I have already deselected it in the setting but it starts on its own anyway.

I also check all the setting of the pc for the startup program but there isn't utorrent.

I suspect that when you shut down or restart Windows, you do not close or shut down utorrent app.  When you hit the "X" button at the right top corner of the utorrent  window,  you are not actually closing the application.  Clicking on the "X" button merely hides utorrent; it is still active and is running as a background process.  So to prevent utorrent from starting when Windows starts, close utorrent by hitting menu item "File -- Exit".   You may also right click on the utorrent icon in the notification area and press on menu item "Exit".  In short, shut down utorrent before shutting down or restarting Windows.  I know that this is odd for a Windows application, but you have to explicitly shut down utorrent before shutting down or restarting Windows.   I do not know if this is a bug in the latest release,  but utorrent does not show up in any of the startup keys in windows registry or as an item in the startup tab of Task Manager.

Hello.

I have the same problem. It is happening after the last big windows 10 update. I do want utorrent to start with windows, but now it starts maximized which i dont like. I tried to uncheck "start with windows" box but it keeps starting up anyway. Utorrent is not on the startup list in task manager after i unchecked the box. I also tried reinstalling, no luck. Any thoughts?

version 3.5 build 44090 32bit

I am having the exact same issue unchecked in startup non-exsistant in task manager startup but it keeps booting with windows I have tried uninstalling even removed all settings still boots with windows even checked the startup folder nothing there either I literally uninstalled it until this is resolved as I don't want or need it booting up with windows

54 minutes ago, evildeadguy2015 said:

i have looked around and can't find anything in windows settings that has to do with utorrent starting up

only thing i can think of is that it didn't start happening  untill i updated windows 10 to its newest

most up to date Version

latest windows update definitely has something to do with it.

if you read my previous post above, my situation is very similar.

Archived