What is up????

bread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok....i have a couple of questions...the upload is determined by the peers connected right? If this is so, then my problem is no peers are connected to upload to. To test this, I went out and got a torrent with a lot of peers...during the download all the peers were connected, but once i completed the download, the connected peers went to 0 and occasionally there would be one connected peer for one second. Is this a problem?

They're not as bad as they used to be. On their basic connection I was getting about 40-50KBs upload and on the pro I'm getting 50-60KBs. It can jump into the 90KBs for a few seconds here and there. Those speeds are with encryption and allowed incoming legacy connections.

oh yeah, sorry. Ive had protocol encrytion enabled this whole time...also ive noticed that the only time i can upload is when im connected to a peer. Why can I not connect to any peers in the swarm? should i be connecting to the peers or seeders? Both are look like

0(30). WHen I do connect to a peer, the file uploads until the avaliabity is 2 and then it disconnects. What is going on!?!?!

i think i may have discovered the problem. Could it be the OinK is the problem? Because all the OinK torrents i have tried will not connect to peers. then today i tried mininova and i connected to 2 peers and uploaded alomost twice the files size...Could it be?

Same reason? Since people are forced to keep their ratio on OiNK (and a lot of other private trackers), they have to upload. On public trackers, people can simply set their upload rates very low, use BitComet, or whatever else, and essentially leech without returning much, and they can't get punished for it.

Archived