Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vze2mp9g

Preferences \ Advanced

Recommended Posts

Under Preferences \ Advanced  under :

offers.sponsored_torrent_enabled   true
offers.left_rail_offer_enabled             true

When I change these both to false and save the preferences, then shut down. The very next time I open µTorrent, they both change back to true. Will there be a fix for this?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 12:06 AM, mike20021969 said:

I don't see that problem. Both remain *false for me.

Not with me. Just today when I went to download a torrent, I had to go into the advance settings to change both back to false. I might completely uninstall µTorrent and do a clean install.

 

BTW, what I did noticed is vrafi updated the help file. It's dated August 2017. I just want to thank vrafi for doing a great job! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, vze2mp9g said:

BTW, what I did noticed is vrafi updated the help file. It's dated August 2017. I just want to thank vrafi for doing a great job! :)

Do you mean "17-August-2013"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

Do you mean "17-August-2013"?

Unless someone is playing a joke on me, its August 2017..

 

a2slz5.jpg

If you tell me how to upload the file, utorrent-351-44332.chm , I'll upload to you.

I hope that this isn't a joke! Someone ask vrafi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vze2mp9g said:

Unless someone is playing a joke on me, its August 2017..

If you tell me how to upload the file, utorrent-351-44332.chm , I'll upload to you.

I hope that this isn't a joke! Someone ask vrafi.

Hopefully it's not a joke, but when I press the Help>uTorrent Help (or F1 button) the help file from 2013 is produced (and that's after deleting both utorrent-help.zip and utorrent-351-44332.chm files).

Mine's the same dated manual that appears here: http://www.netcheif.com/Articles/uTorrent/utorrent.html

By the way, if you click on "vrafi" next to "Last updated on..." wording, where does it take you to?

Anyway, maybe @rafi can clarify here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, no clue.... My settings also stay *false. Just make sure your settings.dat file is not blocked/writeable.

12 hours ago, vze2mp9g said:

If you tell me how to upload the file, utorrent-351-44332.chm , I'll upload to you.

Upload it to here this forum , or to here http://www.filedropper.com/

We can just compare... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rafi said:

Sorry, no clue.... My settings also stay *false. Just make sure your settings.dat file is not blocked/writeable.

Upload it to here this forum , or to here http://www.filedropper.com/

We can just compare... 

I attempted to upload the help file, but it was too large. You can get it here:  http://www.filedropper.com/utorrent-351-44332

Let me know what you found. I think someone might have access to my computer if it's not legit, which I hope it is.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

Hopefully it's not a joke, but when I press the Help>uTorrent Help (or F1 button) the help file from 2013 is produced (and that's after deleting both utorrent-help.zip and utorrent-351-44332.chm files).

Mine's the same dated manual that appears here: http://www.netcheif.com/Articles/uTorrent/utorrent.html

By the way, if you click on "vrafi" next to "Last updated on..." wording, where does it take you to?

Anyway, maybe @rafi can clarify here?

I went to click on the vrafi and this is what happened:

 

outz75.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rafi said:

A single change - 

a list of torrent states was added. And there isn't any username "vrafi"... Link is broken due to changes in the forums format change.

So the change wasn't made by you.

It looks like the "updated" .chm was acquired elsewhere and not from uTorrent's Help/F1 options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not me, right. I wonder is that was just a "glitch" in the system, and someone is actually  working on updating it (so I hope)... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites