Time for a DL'd torrent to be detected...

latheofheaven

Hello!

It's been a while since I've been here  :)  I was wondering if anyone knows about how long it takes (seconds, minutes, hours) for a torrent starting a DL to be detected by any 'Watchers'?

The reason why I ask is because with my VPN, it is usually easier to run the torrent client first and select which torrents I will want and then IMMEDIATELY close my torrent client.  When I have done this for all the torrents that I will want, I then open my VPN and then open the torrent client from WITHIN the VPN, thus with it's protection.

I just wanted to know that do any of you think that the literal 30 to maybe 60 seconds it takes me to load the torrent into my client and then close my client BEFORE running it through the VPN would be long enough for anyone 'Snooping' to detect it and my IP address?  Or, are the periods of time so brief with my client unprotected, that I don't have to worry about it?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

There is no time it's based on the torrent itself and how it's configure and how many share or the swarm. So no two torrents will be the same. VPN are not all equal so if your VPN reports your activity or logs it then it's no safer then without VPN. Your asking a impossible question that will never get a answer to.

Archived