Duplicate !ut Files After Download Complete

wwwKris

Torrents that have finished downloading seem to be leaving behind duplicates of the files in the torrent with !ut added at the end of them. An example would be the file names below.

The !ut files are the same size as their non-!ut counterpart. I did a search on the hard drive where my torrents download and there are hundreds of !ut files. I deleted the !ut files in a few of the impacted directories and the directory size immediately dropped by half so they do appear to be real copies of the files. It also seems to be impacting all file types - video, text, sub files, etc.

Based on the folders that the !ut files are in, I would say that this started happening recently as the older stuff I've downloaded doesn't seem to have them.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how I can prevent it from happening? The uTorrent version is 3.5.1 and it's running on Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference.

Example:

• FileOne.avi
  • FileOne.avi.!ut
  • FileTwo.avi
  • FileTwo.avi.!ut
  • FileThree.txt
  • FileThree.txt.!ut

Thanks for the replies PiusX and mike20021969. Comments below. The issue hasn't recurred since I made the change suggested by rafi. To help narrow things down, I'll undo the setting change and see if the .!ut files start appearing again.

16 hours ago, PiusX said:

Are you sure you didn't download one as torrent and one as magnet to because to have files with .ut means something else was downloading into the same folder.

I don't think so. I've been downloading the same way and from the same sites for a long time. This issue with .!ut files just started happening recently.

3 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

.!ut means incomplete files

The files in question were definitely complete though. I have uTorrent set to download to a temp directory and move completed downloads to another folder - and they were in the completed folder. The !.ut files were also the exact same size as the video file (.avi). I could also play the video file through Plex streaming to my TV. 

26 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

The easiest solution would be disable that option again. And leave it disabled.

Thanks mike20021969. Yea, that's what I plan to do. Thought I'd post back to confirm though in case others have the same issue and because there was some question as to whether it had something to do with the paths.

Archived