How do you reseed torrents?

hellrazor

Like my last post, I have done extensive research on this and again nothing works. I follow the steps to the T and the torrent always wants to redownload. I have even tried adding torrent but when I click on the file I want to seed it opens the file instead of adding. I click on the next file inside that file and it opens till I have only one file to add and then it also wants to download not seed. If I try and add the torrent file itself instead of whole file it tries to connect to peers and if if connects it starts downloading. I have some files that don't have very many trackers or seeders so I wanted to help out. At the time I downloaded the file I did not have the space to keep the torrents so I had to put them in cloud. Now I have a 1tb hd so space is not a problem.

The files you originally downloaded must be in the folder specified in your Options>Preferences>Directories (i.e. Put new downloads in:). The folder structure according to a specific torrent's files must also be identical. As an example...

An original download might go here:

C:\TORRENTS\MUSIC\POP\1980\ABBA\Super Trouper.mp3

For reseeding at a later date, this would not work:

C:\TORRENTS\ABBA\Super Trouper.mp3

Once your sure the files are in the correct location as when they were downloaded, use (File>)Add Torrent>Add Torrent from file option and locate the .torrent file (that originally downloaded the specific files you want to reseed) using the Select a .torrent file to open dialog window.

You will then see the Add New Torrent dialog window. All files will be selected automatically. If you didn't originally download all files, you must uncheck those particular ones otherwise they WILL download. Then click OK.

If the selected files are (already present) in the correct folder (folder structure), uTorrent will check them. If all is well after checking, seeding will then commence.

If something has changed with any of the files or the folder structure, the torrent's files will be downloaded again.

Mike I have already done all that. They still try to redownload or I get message cannot find file or I get connecting to peers and it stays that way. I am about to say screw it and redownload them just so the torrents don't die because they have only one or two seeds and anywhere between 1 and 8 leechers.

If you want to reseed a torrent if you move from the location where it is saved then you will have to create a new torrent to share the file or files. utorrent is not here to help you do that here. You need to look online to find how to do what your asking.

• 1 month later...

I always just add the torrent, set download location (of the whole torrent preferably, of individual files if necessary), and force a recheck. If that fails, the files are different, end of story. uTorrent is extremely good about adopting files, unlike Vuze, which never works. I have it set to create a subfolder, but to always ask me, and if I'm adopting I'll uncheck create a subfolder when pointing it to the right place.

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2018 at 5:41 PM, hellrazor said:

Like my last post, I have done extensive research on this and again nothing works. I follow the steps to the T and the torrent always wants to redownload. I have even tried adding torrent but when I click on the file I want to seed it opens the file instead of adding. I click on the next file inside that file and it opens till I have only one file to add and then it also wants to download not seed. If I try and add the torrent file itself instead of whole file it tries to connect to peers and if if connects it starts downloading. I have some files that don't have very many trackers or seeders so I wanted to help out. At the time I downloaded the file I did not have the space to keep the torrents so I had to put them in cloud. Now I have a 1tb hd so space is not a problem.

I understand that you want to keep alive some torrent files.

1.Add as many as trackers you can from searching on google and add them to your torrent in trackers section following guidelines.

2.There are usually seed boxes that are connected to almost every torrent file.They only activate if the request rate to the torrent is high.As the seed box ips handle other torrents too and are currently seeding it at speeds of 5mbps mostly or more .

3.To connect to these seed boxes you have to add trackers,Now even though they are added.They dont start downloading it from our ip.For this as i said the seed box ip needs a request.So i normally use another client qbittorent and copy magnet url right click fron utorrent and add it in qbitttorent to download in a different location different drive preferably. Now copy the peer list from utorrent and add them to qbitorrent.MAke sure you add ports too.

4.The seed boxes start downloading from our utorrent ip port and seed to ourselves but different port ip to qbitorrent.In the mean time seed boxes download themselves to 100%

5.These can seed at 5mbps to others who download the same torrent

THE IPs and port  USUALLY START LIKE THIS: 10.240.254.anyno
10.240.254.132:55515
10.240.254.136:55515
10.240.254.131:55515
10.240.254.134:55515
10.240.254.133:55515
10.240.254.135:55515
10.240.254.245:55515
10.240.254.138:55515
10.240.254.137:55515
THESE IPs can be added by trackers.THESE ARE COMMON PEERS WITH DIFFERENT PORTS TO ALMOST ALL TORRENTS.

Archived