Utorrent is overriding the setting that fixes blurry UI when dpi scaling is in effect

Squall-Leonhart

Why do you need this setting, are you sure it is fixing the issue with uT? I don't see it "blurry" for a long time now after setting to 125% font scaling, using this fix - http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/ and some adjustment to the colors in Windows. 

On 08/04/2018 at 3:56 PM, rafi said:

Why do you need this setting, are you sure it is fixing the issue with uT? I don't see it "blurry" for a long time now after setting to 125% font scaling, using this fix - http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/ and some adjustment to the colors in Windows. 

It does resolve DPI scaling blur on text and glyphs in the window, without having to modify system behaviours using third party tools

This compatibility setting simulates XP style dpi scaling on a per application basis

Compatibility Properties

Right-clicking on an application executable lets you open its Properties window. On its Compatibility tab, you can force any desired per-application scaling method under “Override high DPI scaling behavior.” When unchecked Windows will apply DPI virtualization unless the application claims to self-scale, in which case Windows will do nothing. When checked you have three choices, as shown below:

Compatibility Properties

• Application — Disables DPI virtualization (or any other system scaling) and requires the application to scale itself correctly. Try this when an application appears blurry. If it now renders correctly, the developer merely forgot to flag the application as self-scaling.
  • System — Enables full DPI virtualization of all display output of the application. Try this when an application appears too small or shows scrambled layout. This option should always fix such problems, although at the expense of some blurriness.
  • System (Enhanced) — Enables DPI virtualization of the application’s display output, except for GDI text and line rendering which is re-rendered at the target resolution. If you’re lucky this option will produce correct layout with less blurriness than System.

On 12/04/2018 at 10:46 AM, PiusX said:

I think you got video driver issues that aren't related to utorrent.

I think you shouldn't speak when you don't have any idea what you're on about.

15 minutes ago, Squall-Leonhart said:

The first start inherits the compatibility setting.

Where from? How can you use it to keep this settings?

Also setting it via the admin button means uT can't revoke them ;)

I don't think it works if you have admin privs in your account... 

12 minutes ago, rafi said:

Where from? How can you use it to keep this settings?

I don't think it works if you have admin privs in your account... 

A ) Utorrent has to be started before it can revert its own compatibility settings, so that first run of uT after changing the setting will have the DPI compatibility setting enabled.

The next start will have it disabled.

B )  Sorry, my bad, i meant the "Change settings for all users" button, this opens the compatibility window with the PC\Administrators account and sets compatibility in the HKLM area instead of the HKCU area.

Screenshot of Utorrent at 120% dpi on windows 10 with Application scaling set for all users.

unknown.png

Archived