keep getting error message

hellrazor

I keep getting an error message stating file too large for system when I move/transfer/download certain torrents. The file is not that big, largest one being 6GB, and I have plenty of storage on my external hard drive. Yet I had no problem with a 24GB file. Makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea why my last post did not go through. I am using windows 10, UTorrent version 3.5.3, and an external for torrents. I am not using my laptop hd. The size of the files vary from 1.3GB to 24 GB. I have 495GB free space on a silicon power 1TB external hd.  What is really confusing me is the large files I have no problem with-it is the small ones. Makes no sense. 

I recently noticed that it happens most on files with x264 and/or 1098p Blue Ray.

I almost forgot. I am now getting a new error message that states you do not have enough storage to move files. I have the files set to move to their labels/folder. I am wondering if since I am getting low on laptop hd space if this is the culprit. If so, I do not understand how it could be since everything is set to my external.

I fiured out why I am getting second error message. I have set all my downloads and finished torrents to go to my external hard drive, along with their label. So I am wondering why when the torrent is finished it constantly goes to my C: where I cannot find it unless I right click on torrent and click on open containing folder. This is why I keep getting storage error and my laptop hard drive is so full.

All I can say  is that this is a completely  illogical and possibly recursive mess... If even I cannot understand what you were trying to achieve here, no wonder this makes uTorrent behave  crazy... 

Oh I deleted a lot of stuff off my hard drive-mainly torrents. I am trying to get my torrents to move into separate files by type of torrent (music, movie, game , etc) that are labeled by what subtype of torrent it is (Sci-Fi-, horror, etc) and still be able to seed. Or at least as close as possible. I am tired of spending several minutes looking for a specific torrent and there area a ton.

Archived