The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents.

Hiathere

Yesterday I was downloading torrents like normal.  I woke up half an hour ago and searched for two torrents.  I only use the magnet link options.  After I clicked the last magnet button, utorrent comes to the front of all of my windows like normal, and I accepted the latest utorrent update on accident.  I have been prompted to install this update for a month now but I never do it because I do not want to risk loosing my incomplete torrents.  After about 40 seconds, utorrent reopened and the update webpage opened as normal in my browser.  Now, when I add a torrent, I get the following message, "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents.  Do you want to load the trackers from it?"  But the torrent does not appear in the list and there is no upload or download rate change at utorrents status bar.  I am now unable to add any torrents to utorrent.  I have tried closing/reopening, and multiple torrent/magnet sources.  I fear loosing my incomplete torrents if I uninstall. 3.5.3/build44396/32bit, Win10.  I do not have internet where I live, and must download while I am visiting family so I have something to take home.  I searched online and it appears that I am the only person experiencing this issue.

30 minutes ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Have you checked under labels - hidden yet?

I located the "label options, but am not familiar with it.  I have a feeling that being hidden is not the issue because I have always clicked the magnet download buttons twice.  I began doing this years ago because on half of the torrent sites, an ad would open after the first click instead of the magnet, and a second click was needed to get the magnet to download.  So normally, every time I load a torrent, I get two windows that pop up within utorrent, the first being the torrent info window, where files can be selected or deselected, then the second window would always say "The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents.".  The second window I just mentioned, always appeared, even before I interacted with the torrent info window, which means that even though I had not yet added the torrent to the list, utorrent had already acknowledged the torrent.  In short, normally I get the torrent info window, then the "The torrent you are trying to add is already..." window.  Now, I do not see a torrent info window, instead I get two of the "The torrent you are trying to add is already..." windows.  I also searched the PC and the file and torrent history that utorrent stores, neither of the searches included any of the torrents or files that I have tried to open in utorrent since the update happened a couple hours ago.

So it turns out that I am able to add other torrents as usual, except for the two torrents I tried to load just after the update.  I tried to download the same two magnets that are giving me this problem, via two other torrent sites, but for some reason they do not get added to the list.  Utorrent must have still been working on the update and I did not give it enough time before attempting to add new torrents and the result was that utorrent somehow confused its self, but only regarding these two torrents.  Sadly there are no substitute torrents that I could download to get the two torrents I need.  Is there a way to refresh the utorrent registry, or whatever it is called, so utorrent can recheck it's entire torrent list/queue, hopefully correcting this minor corruption?

Archived