I dont want to leech-no seedss-stuck at 40.2%

nickjkay

Im attempting to download a 302MB file, which has no seeders and everyone else is stuck at 40.1%, every now and then the down speed will go to 0.1, when I first downloaded the torrent was blazzingly fast and then stuck.

Ive made no attempt to leech here but there are no seeds.This is the first problem like this Ive ever had.

at the moment there are 40(67) peers, the starnge thing about this torrent is that when I origanaly started dling it, it was the same no seeder and a healthy amount of peers. The torrent then started to download at 400kB/s+, then goy stuck at 40.2%, thats the only reason that ive held on, in the hope that it will go back.

Is it a coincidence that the availebility is 0.401 and were all stuck @40.1% (Im @40.2%)

That's because the availability was probably already 0.401 when you started. As for having 40.2%... that's because incomplete pieces are counted in the percentage. If the torrent's been like this for a while, I wouldn't keep my hopes up about it coming back alive. If you can, maybe you should try requesting a reseed of the torrent wherever you found it from, but that's about all you can do, other than wait (what you already have been doing).

Its from Mininova, I tried to post a message but it won't let me for some reason, told mininova about it-but there's nothing they can do really. I've manged to get a few test questions now, I even had to go back to another file sharring program-which I got from a torrent. uTorrent really knock the socks of any other p2p that I know of, I like the way you can control everything to optimize the download times-and in general the quality and quantity of stuff is as good as it gets.

Yeah mininova is just a torrent index site, so they don't control the contents. The tracker is a more likely place to look for help, but again, it might not even do much to request for more seeds. If the percentage is that low, I personally wouldn't bother waiting.

Archived