Utorrent Crashing randomly

denywinarto

I'm using latest build, 3.5.3 build 44428

I have a list of almost 16k torrents, for the past few days i've been getting utorrent has crashed, relaunch ? error

I have 12 core,  48 GB of ddr4 ram system, CPU is 10% and memory is 25% used when this happens

I'm not sure what the trigger is, but even with active torrents < 15 it's still happening 

I do have some large torrents, > 20  GB 

Here's the log file 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mUDnJuE8R6IO4X_lQg1-NxdriuqNxFhy/view?usp=sharing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intel Core M7-6Y75
8.00Gb RAM
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
µTorrent 3.5.3 Beta (build 44440)

I'm having a problem where, once the client has been running for some time, if I click on one of the toolbar headings, or right-click a torrent (for example) the application ceases to respond. It hangs, and does not recover - clicking the 'X' in the top right corner produces the windows 'application not responding' dialogue box and offers the choice of waiting, or closing the application.
Closing and reopening µTorrent sees an expected check of all active torrents before everything carries on as before.

I had this issue with whatever previous 3.5.3 beta build I was running, too.

On 17/05/2018 at 2:06 PM, denywinarto said:

I'm using latest build, 3.5.3 build 44428

I have a list of almost 16k torrents, for the past few days i've been getting utorrent has crashed, relaunch ? error

^ 16k? Sounds huge to me... Try with my settings (@sig), so to disable all ads, just in case it is ad related...

8 hours ago, rafi said:

^ Sounds huge to me... Try with my settings (@sig), so to disable all ads, just in case it is ad related...

I've installed your .dat file and will see if it fixes my problems. Well, my uTorrent problems, at least. ;) 

12 hours ago, rafi said:

^ Sounds huge to me... Try with my settings (@sig), so to disable all ads, just in case it is ad related...

3 hours ago, gjm said:

I've installed your .dat file and will see if it fixes my problems. Well, my uTorrent problems, at least. ;) 

Seemed to work - set up 5 torrents to download. Download did seem faster, although that could be due to any number of factors.

Certainly didn't have any locking up, or unresponsive issues.

49 minutes ago, denywinarto said:

I upgraded to 3.00, not because of security reason, but apparently sonarr only work with utorrent v3 and up

Any stable v3 version that is known not to crash randomly?

I'm now running 3.5.3 build 44440 with @rafi's .dat file - seems OK so far.

8 hours ago, gjm said:

I'm now running 3.5.3 build 44440 with @rafi's .dat file - seems OK so far.

The only issue I have found - and this may not be uTorrent-related - is that my laptop will shut down, while downloading or uploading torrents. It is as though the application has become 'invisible' to the power settings. :huh:

39 minutes ago, rafi said:

What power settings are applications' related? Anyway, I don't see how this has anything todo with uT app, unless it was uT trying to auto-shutdown the system, as you can option it to do... 

There's a setting within Windows that says "do not shut down if applications are running" or something like that.

As I said, this may not be uTorrent-related. Hardly a problem for me, to be honest. I'll sort when I can raise the enthusiasm to investigate. ;) 

Sorry for late update, been on vacation,

that said to my surprise v3.0 25406 has been running for a week without a crash,

I threw alot of torrents, some are over 20 gb 

but sometimes it saves to the wrong download location, i think ignoring the labelling rule, is this a known bug for this version?

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, denywinarto said:

Sorry for late update, been on vacation,

that said to my surprise v3.0 25406 has been running for a week without a crash,

I threw alot of torrents, some are over 20 gb 

but sometimes it saves to the wrong download location, i think ignoring the labelling rule, is this a known bug for this version?

Well seems like v3 has problem auto-importing with sonarr, so i'm looking at the latest 3.53

I tested it with rafi's settings.dat

But that dreaded out of memory error is back as soon as i open utorrent :(

Anyother ideas? thinking of switching to Bittorent ..

10 minutes ago, denywinarto said:

Well seems like v3 has problem auto-importing with sonarr, so i'm looking at the latest 3.53

I tested it with rafi's settings.dat

But that dreaded out of memory error is back as soon as i open utorrent :(

Anyother ideas? thinking of switching to Bittorent ..

Impossible... Unless you've changed some queuing/cache  related settings, or using another copy of settings file (local vs in %appdata%.).

BTW latest now is 3.5.4  beta  build 44488.

1 minute ago, rafi said:

Impossible... Unless you've changed some queuing/cache  related settings.

I'll upload a video later,

i replaced the original settings.dat, with your setttings.dat

Tried newest utorrent, crashed shortly during checking process

tried other version mentioned here. 44440 same error, Crash during checking file process 

I even deleted the file that causes the crash, but the issue still persists.

Only earlier version works, but then it seems to be incompatible with sonarr's auto importing feature.

Just now, rafi said:

Post screenshots of the queueing  & advanced disc cache to make sure. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ycK9T-3PBIfRgPCg3wIYWetPe1ymbale/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u5rl9cryZ64d0TeTFFbV3GHcKz8wSKnQ/view?usp=sharing

It's worse than earlier version, now it's crashing after checking 1-3 torrents.

i didn't change any settings on disk cache..

Seems OK.

>Post screenshots of the queueing -? 

Why aren't you trying the latest beta? I have a feeling this maybe related to some issue with specific/fake  peer being connected to (see the log). Try disconnecting the PC form the Internet, then - start uT, so it will not make any connections during startup.

Archived