denywinarto

Utorrent Crashing randomly

48 minutes ago, rafi said:

Seems OK.

>Post screenshots of the queueing -? 

Why aren't you trying the latest beta? I have a feeling this maybe related to some issue with specific/fake  peer being connected to (see the log). Try disconnecting the PC form the Internet, then - start uT, so it will not make any connections during startup.

That's using the latest beta, A bit difficult cause i'm remoting it, i'll try it later and let you know.

here's the dump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzAbG8xtVUoOX8lTszRzoz66r9AsBW3m/view?usp=sharing

Queue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbw8A8cs4WhA_vn5VZ9mATdoYpoOXCZL/view?usp=sharing

Seems OK too. And no, latest is 3.5.4. 44488 from yesterday...  (See the beta thread.. .)

3 hours ago, rafi said:

This is not it... Pay attention...  ;)   http://download-lb.utorrent.com/endpoint/utorrent/os/windows/track/beta

But I don't believe it will make any difference... 

yeah same :(

This is strange, i removed all active downloads, leaving 3 downloads and yet its still crashing.

I decided to use qbittorent as my manual downloader and utorrent as my sonarr + radarr downloader.

Because i read on reddit qbitorrent has issue with grabbing episodes.

Thing is, only utorrent v3 works, but the issue with tha version is that sonarr labelling doesn't always works.. (strangely radarr seems to work)

Is there any version above that where this issue is noticed and fixed ?

Edited by denywinarto

So you did not try with disconnecting the Internet connection?

Another test is to just move away your resume.dat file, and try with an empty list (instead of 16K). You can copy it back after .

Sorry for the late reply, i decided to use utorrent 3.0 with the combination of "restart on crash"

Works well so far, it has auto restarted utorrent 2-3 times everyday

it's getting alot not responding's on the log messages, almost every 2 minutes, but then it would recover again,

so i set it on wait for 300 sec before relaunching the app..

The only annoyance is when there's alot of huge downloads the checking process might take awhile

Edited by denywinarto

A crashing 3.0?...  Sounds like a crazy scheme to me...  I didn't even know there was a setting for "restart after crash" in Windows/uT ... 

4 hours ago, rafi said:

I didn't even know there was a setting for "restart after crash" in Windows/uT ... 

I'm sure a pop-up window which includes a restart option only appears when a crash occurs.

Can you enable logging->error-logging->Misc errors, and logging->verbose-logging->WebUI-requests,  set it to log-to-file , and share that file after a crash?

Edited by rafi

I upgraded to 3.00, not because of security reason, but apparently sonarr only work with utorrent v3 and up

From my experience, uTorrent crashes are many times due to 3rd party apps. I suggest you try w/o any of them (try stop sonarr?) .

Personally, I have crash issues with UltraMon (using dual screens here, and this utility added couple of new buttons to all windows including utorrent, so I optioned those out to resolve). 

So, for me, - latest uTorrent (44640 now), my settings file, 300 torrents on my  list (not 15K....),  latest Win10 - is stable 24/7. BTW, I've also replaced sonarr with medusa couple of months ago (which I like more)... Also it DOES limit the WebUI commands/links to under 1024 bytes which is the limit in uTorrent, and maybe sonarr is not doing that.

Good luck.

(also, found this ... https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/sonarr-crashing-utorrent/3983/3 )