Utorrent Crashing randomly

denywinarto

48 minutes ago, rafi said:

Seems OK.

>Post screenshots of the queueing -? 

Why aren't you trying the latest beta? I have a feeling this maybe related to some issue with specific/fake  peer being connected to (see the log). Try disconnecting the PC form the Internet, then - start uT, so it will not make any connections during startup.

That's using the latest beta, A bit difficult cause i'm remoting it, i'll try it later and let you know.

here's the dump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzAbG8xtVUoOX8lTszRzoz66r9AsBW3m/view?usp=sharing

Queue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbw8A8cs4WhA_vn5VZ9mATdoYpoOXCZL/view?usp=sharing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rafi said:

This is not it... Pay attention...  ;)   http://download-lb.utorrent.com/endpoint/utorrent/os/windows/track/beta

But I don't believe it will make any difference... 

yeah same :(

This is strange, i removed all active downloads, leaving 3 downloads and yet its still crashing.

I decided to use qbittorent as my manual downloader and utorrent as my sonarr + radarr downloader.

Because i read on reddit qbitorrent has issue with grabbing episodes.

Thing is, only utorrent v3 works, but the issue with tha version is that sonarr labelling doesn't always works.. (strangely radarr seems to work)

Is there any version above that where this issue is noticed and fixed ?

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the late reply, i decided to use utorrent 3.0 with the combination of "restart on crash"

Works well so far, it has auto restarted utorrent 2-3 times everyday

it's getting alot not responding's on the log messages, almost every 2 minutes, but then it would recover again,

so i set it on wait for 300 sec before relaunching the app..

The only annoyance is when there's alot of huge downloads the checking process might take awhile

I upgraded to 3.00, not because of security reason, but apparently sonarr only work with utorrent v3 and up

From my experience, uTorrent crashes are many times due to 3rd party apps. I suggest you try w/o any of them (try stop sonarr?) .

Personally, I have crash issues with UltraMon (using dual screens here, and this utility added couple of new buttons to all windows including utorrent, so I optioned those out to resolve). 

So, for me, - latest uTorrent (44640 now), my settings file, 300 torrents on my  list (not 15K....),  latest Win10 - is stable 24/7. BTW, I've also replaced sonarr with medusa couple of months ago (which I like more)... Also it DOES limit the WebUI commands/links to under 1024 bytes which is the limit in uTorrent, and maybe sonarr is not doing that.

Good luck.

(also, found this ... https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/sonarr-crashing-utorrent/3983/3 ) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/9/2018 at 11:57 AM, rafi said:

Can you enable logging->error-logging->Misc errors, and logging->verbose-logging->WebUI-requests,  set it to log-to-file , and share that file after a crash?

How exactly do i do this? I cant find amy loggging options on the menu. Is it because im using older version?

I cant use 

On 24/9/2018 at 12:25 PM, rafi said:

From my experience, uTorrent crashes are many times due to 3rd party apps. I suggest you try w/o any of them (try stop sonarr?) .

Personally, I have crash issues with UltraMon (using dual screens here, and this utility added couple of new buttons to all windows including utorrent, so I optioned those out to resolve). 

So, for me, - latest uTorrent (44640 now), my settings file, 300 torrents on my  list (not 15K....),  latest Win10 - is stable 24/7. BTW, I've also replaced sonarr with medusa couple of months ago (which I like more)... Also it DOES limit the WebUI commands/links to under 1024 bytes which is the limit in uTorrent, and maybe sonarr is not doing that.

Good luck.

(also, found this ... https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/sonarr-crashing-utorrent/3983/3 ) 

Just tried the latest, and it crashed right away after i open it,

Also the version mentioned on sonarr forum doesnt help either, still crashing.

I think its something else, not the label..

This morning it crashed again, i have 3000 radarr labels and 21k sonarr label and it used to work with v3.0 for months,

so something else is crashing it. Stopping some of the large torrent seem to help..

I suspect it's one of the torrent thats causing this.

And about medusa, i will have a look but my library is too large to migrate to another downloader, so i prefer fixing utorrent if possible,

On 17/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, rafi said:

1.png

Does it crash if you stop radarr/sonarr service first, and start uTorrent after?

Cant  find this menu on v3.0,

If i use the latest version it would crash right away..

The latest version prompts me for remote password when opening, and then after a while it's not responding,

then it would close by itself. (crashing i guess?)

anyway to get around it? 

I tried typing the remote password as fast as possible but it's still crashing..

16 hours ago, rafi said:

Yes, replace settings.dat with an empty one  (=> default settings).

I think V3 has logging too (right-click in logger tab.) 

I renamed settings.dat and i tried to open the latest version, but it still not responding after a while and it closes itself..

21 hours ago, denywinarto said:

Cant  find this menu on v3.0,

If i use the latest version it would crash right away..

You go into the "logger" tab then right click any one of the log entries and that menu comes up. I run 3.2.1 and found that menu Rafi is showing.

3 hours ago, denywinarto said:

I renamed settings.dat and i tried to open the latest version, but it still not responding after a while and it closes itself..

Are you sure it's the right setting file? Maybe just uninstall delete + reinstall

6 hours ago, denywinarto said:

Confirm, via Task Manager (or Process Explorer), that uTorrent.exe is not still running.

Then remove (or delete) from uTorrent's folder both settings.dat and settings.dat.old files.

Then create new settings.dat file (basically a text document called settings.dat).

Try running uTorrent.

20 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

Confirm, via Task Manager (or Process Explorer), that uTorrent.exe is not still running.

Then remove (or delete) from uTorrent's folder both settings.dat and settings.dat.old files.

Then create new settings.dat file (basically a text document called settings.dat).

Try running uTorrent.

Nope still the same error with the latest version 44632

I cant even get to logger tab because as soon as it open it would not responding,

V3 still at least let me stop some of the torrents, it's been helping

but then it's kinda annoying because even with 5 active torrents it's still crashing

Archived