MrBlackhole

Hi there. I was a utorrent user for a very long time. Maybe last year (I can't remember the exact timeline or dateline) I was forced to switch to Deluge and now still using it because utorrent was mining cryptocurrency behind my back. I use broadband internet connection and because of that I always seed because I know how it feels when you are desperately trying to download a file but there's no seeder. As long as the file is in my hard drive I continue to seed until I delete it. Now, after using utorrent for years, in 2016 or 2017 I noticed an abnormal usage in my RAM. I did not know why back then but after an internet digging I came to learn that utorrent was mining bitcoin in users' computer using users' resource without consent. Even after knowing that I still kept using it anyway because I thought they will fix it soon. But to no avail and having my pc being extremely slow I uninstalled it. Now it has been maybe more than a year and I wonder if utorrent still mines cryptocurrency? So my question to all the existing users of utorrent is that does utorrent still mine cryptocurrency? One more thing I would like to mention is that deluge has one problem. It becomes non-responsive for about 10-15 seconds due to the number of torrent I have in my list as you can see in the image. When scrolling up and down, it becomes non-responsive. When adding a new torrent to it, it also becomes non-responsive and this is getting very old and annoying. However, utorrent did not have this problem when I last used it and even then I had close to 200 torrents in my list. So if utorrent does not mine cryptocurrency anymore I want to start using it again. What do you suggest? Should I?

ScreenShot_20180806214414.jpeg

So what I am getting from you is, I can keep 300 torrents running now without worrying about 95% RAM usage in utorrent? I am not actually addressing my issues with deluge. I am just stating why I want to use utorrent again because utorrent never became non-responsive frequently with 200 torrents running. I just want an assurance that running 200 torrents or more on utorrent will not cost any abnormal resource usage like 90%+ RAM or 90%+ CPU usage.  Thank you. :)@DreadWingKnight

Archived