I deleted a torrent and the data by accident Please Help!

Dharin

I did a dumb-a** thing.

I was going through my out of date torrents in the list deleting happily away when, yes, of course, I deleted a torrent and all the data. A particularly large file 6+gigs in fact. You can imagine my dismay. I checked the recycle bin but a file that large just vanishes into the ether. I used a file recovery program to no avail. Its 3 of the clock in the morning in sunny England and mightily desperate to get my data back.

So the obvious question is: Is it at all possible to recover the file and if so how?

Please help an idiot who failed to backup his file. In all fairness though I do not have any blank DVDs

I'm going to bed now and I hope my nightmare will be solved by a kind fairy, or clever forum memver by the morning.

Thank you in advance for any help given.

P.S. I did look through the FAQs first but was unable to find/spot the info I needed.

the only real recovery program is GetDataBack for NTFS/FAT, but anyway most probably there is not much you can do, specially if u kept writing to the HDD, just be careful next time and remember recovery programs cant do much if u keep using the HDD normally

The funny thing is,I did the same thing!

Unfortunately,the data is gone and you can not recover it.

This happened while I was riding the torrent bandwagon for the first time.

And I was excited when I successfully concluded the first torrent download ever.

I saw that the torrent which had finished downloading was still sitting on the µTorrent window.

There was not any need for it anymore,was it ?? Since I was done with downloading,why should the µTorrent window remain cluttered,right ?

So I right clicked the particular file and did a "delete .torrent + data". :)

Oh,there was a warning all right !!

I "OK"ed it anyway !

The movie was gone before I even had a chance to take a look at it !

So there was a first lesson in torrenting there ! :)

[i suggest,do not waste any more time crying over lost data,and begin the download again right away !]

[i suggest,do not waste any more time crying over lost data,and begin the download again right away !]

indeed, sometimes the time u spend trying to recover the files is significant enough to make it not worth it as u could just have just downloaded it in the same time or somethen close enough

Archived