Playback column disappears

ggurman

Lately (i.e., the past week or so), I've been experiencing a weird problem. First, let me explain that I keep uTorrent open all the time (though often minimized) and I added the "Added" column because I like to keep the torrents I download in order by when they were added. Now, whenever I start up uTorrent (say, after rebooting), and often when I un-minimize it, the Playback column has disappeared. I can't find it in the column list, but resetting the columns brings it back. The problem is that the Added column is no longer there, so i have to re-add it. 

So basically there are two problems:

1. The Playback column disappears for no apparent reason, and

2. The Playback column is not in the column list and can only be restored by using the Reset option.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Is it a known bug or should I submit it as a bug?

TIA

I'm not sure why the Playback column appears after Reset as it isn't an option in the column list to enable.

It could be a bug, plus the Playback column disappears after restarting uTorrent.

...resetting the columns brings it back. The problem is that the Added column is no longer there, so i have to re-add it. 

The Added column would disappear after a Reset as it isn't a default item.

#, Name, Playback, Size, Status, Down Speed, Up Speed, ETA & Seeds/Peers are the Reset defaults.

13 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

I'm not sure why the Playback column appears after Reset as it isn't an option in the column list to enable.

It could be a bug, plus the Playback column disappears after restarting uTorrent.

#, Name, Playback, Size, Status, Down Speed, Up Speed, ETA & Seeds/Peers are the Reset defaults.

Yeah, I should have been clearer. I know that I have to re-add the Added column because it's not a default column.

Anyway, since installing the new version and resetting the columns, the Playback column has not disappeared. One difference is that I didn't add the Added column until just now. Then I exited and restarted, and the Playback column was gone. By the way, I didn't mention (because I thought it was irrelevant) that when i add the Added column, I move it to just to the right of the Playback column. Is there any chance that this could be causing the problem in some weird buggy way?

6 hours ago, ggurman said:

I didn't mention (because I thought it was irrelevant) that when i add the Added column, I move it to just to the right of the Playback column. Is there any chance that this could be causing the problem in some weird buggy way?

The Playback column disappears after restart regardless of whether the Added column is enabled or not.

It seems like a bug to me - Playback has been removed from the header column options list but appears in the header column for some reason after Reset is chosen.

Maybe a developer will look into this...

QuZFLgo7_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 2:02 AM, mike20021969 said:

Yeah, I should have been clearer. I know that I have to re-add the Added column because it's not a default column.

Anyway, I installed the newest version, but I'm still experiencing the same problem. Just to eliminate any possibility that re-adding the Added column might have something to do with it, I have not been doing that. But still, when I start up uTorrent (after a reboot, for example), there is no Playback button until I reset the columns.

I have to assume that this is not happening for other people or there would have been more of a response. So then the question is, why me? I don't know what I could be doing that would cause this to happen to just me.

1 hour ago, ggurman said:

I have to assume that this is not happening for other people or there would have been more of a response. So then the question is, why me? I don't know what I could be doing that would cause this to happen to just me.

It's quite likely most uTorrent users don't or have never used that column.

As it's not listed as a column choice anymore, it's probably the remains from the player being removed.

Easiest solution is to double-click the file after download (in the lower pane under Files) and let your associated player deal with it.

18 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

t's quite likely most uTorrent users don't or have never used that column.

As it's not listed as a column choice anymore, it's probably the remains from the player being removed.

So it seems like what you're saying is that, if there's a bug, it's that the Playback column shows up when the columns are Reset and that it's not supposed to be there at all anymore. If that's correct, I'm disappointed.

I know I can just double-click the file--in fact that's the way I used to do it before I discovered the Playback button. So it's not a big deal--I just like being able to click one button. 

Archived