Not connectable icon or amber icon!!

froggywhite

Can someone help me please!!! I am relatively new to utorrent and have been having some success with downloading recently but I keep on getting the amber or red icon and my speed sticks about the 15-20 kBs rarely goes any higher, i have windows sp2 firewall and have the ports allowed, i dont have a router, i have a speedtouch 330 modem and avg antivirus (free version).

Can anyone help me with my problem please, i have tested the port and it said that the port is not open but I cant seem to find away to open it and increase my downloads!!! - allways try to use a good seeded and peered torrent but still no joy.

Thanks

Froggy

I have windows firewall but I have added utorrent and the port i mentioned as an exception, def no router, i have avg antivirus the free version without a firewall, i have spybot search and destroy, spyware blaster and ad aware but i can find anything that mentions blocking ports in there settings, i also uninstalled them all and tried utorrent then and it was still either the red icon or amber icon??

I am not behind someone elses network it is my own.

I also have peer guardian 2 but i hardly ever use it and it is disbled at the moment,

Right I have made a few steps forward!!! My connection icon now show the green tick icon!!!! but when i check my ports in speed checker it says "Warning! Port 62749 can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections" any ideas what i need to do now? remembering i am an idiot!

If it's green, it's probably fine. Try the openoffice.org torrents. If you can get good speeds, then you likely have everything set up properly (portforward wise). Make sure everything else is fine, such as Speed Guide settings and such.

Archived