Opening multiple files at the same time.. what order does it put them?

cutcopypaste

When I open a bunch of files from the same torrent.. say to enqueue in winamp, usually they end up in Winamp in some strange order that is definitely not sorted by file name.. then I have to move them around to get them in the right order. Sometimes, though, it has been in the right order....

so what determines the order these files are loaded in? and how do I make it so it just does it by filename? Would save so much time...

thanks.

I guess I should have specified that it is utorrent that opens them in a crazy order, and it's actually pretty annoying because it means i have to open the folders in IE and then drag the files into winamp that way. It is an issue with utorrent not winamp.. since files dragged from explorer open in filename order, and multiple files opened from Azureus into winamp always went in the proper order. or maybe it's just a compatability issue with the two programs. But I still want to know what the heck is up with it.

I guess it's up to individual discretion if this belongs in chat.. but since I don't think this issue is "nonimportant" (why would I register on the forum just to make the post otherwise? :P) I thought it was best put here.

Oh, I had thought this was totally unrelated to µTorrent (sounded like you only mentioned µTorrent as the medium by which you got the files you were trying to open), which is why I suggested it be put in Chat, not that I thought it was insignificant.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived