flashfletch100

I have been using uTorrent for years, but with very little knowledge of just how it works.

I have a niggling problem when using the Setup Guide. For quite some time now I have never been able to get the bandwidth test to complete. It will test upload and download, but as soon as it tries to send/receive the metadata the test fails with "Data read error: Server closed the connection. (10054)".

I can find NOTHING anywhere which discusses this error, what it is, how to fix it (if possible), how to avoid it in future ...

I'm currently running uTorrent 3.5.5 (build (45146) [32-bit] on an i7-5820K 3.30GHz CPU with 16G RAM 64-bit Win 10 Home system. I'm using PIA to protect my location/activity.

Ideas gratefully received.

flashfletch100

23 hours ago, flashfletch100 said:

...as soon as it tries to send/receive the metadata the test fails with "Data read error: Server closed the connection. (10054)".

I can find NOTHING anywhere which discusses this error, what it is, how to fix it (if possible), how to avoid it in future ...

Ideas gratefully received.

Don't worry about. It fails most of the time. I think the speed test is flawed. It's donkeys years since it last worked (for me anyway).

mgXbqhcY_o.png

Archived