Can't download any torrents - have used for years

OilBob

I have used Utorrent for many years, now all of sudden it won't work.  I upgraded to latest Windows 10  and reinstalled Utorrent. It's wierd cause now it installs to Roaming not a file folder.  And every torrent I try I get this msg- Error The system cannot find the path (write to disk)  and this one - Error Can't open torrent file "name" .  I checked all settings and nothing ie no dowloading.  Yet I install another torrent program qBittorent and it works fine.  Any ideas?  

Yes I did just try this but no go.   I had to search and even had to use UWT to ensure the built in account HAD Admin Access.  Windows 10 is wierd in that it shows me ( only user) as Admin, but after using UWT, I was able to download ONE torrent.  Without rebooting etc, I get up today and nope nothing.  I am using Qbitorrent with no problems.  

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2019 at 1:08 PM, OilBob said:

I have used Utorrent for many years, now all of sudden it won't work.  I upgraded to latest Windows 10  and reinstalled Utorrent. It's wierd cause now it installs to Roaming not a file folder.  And every torrent I try I get this msg- Error The system cannot find the path (write to disk)  and this one - Error Can't open torrent file "name" .  I checked all settings and nothing ie no dowloading.  Yet I install another torrent program qBittorent and it works fine.  Any ideas?  

If you want it to do as previous you must install utorrent into same location and make the folder settings to the same file folder locations. Not doing this and utorrent won't be able to Force the torrent to start again as it can't find them.

Archived