Help with download

dafaher

Hello community! I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm relatively new to using utorrent and don't know what to do. Two weeks ago I started downloading an old torrent and the first few days it downloaded very well, but 5-6 days ago the download stopped (it says downloading, but nothing happens, the download speed doesn't appear nor increases its percentage).

What I wanted to know is: in the "Peers" tab there is the IP of those who are providing the download and a percentage, among other data. If that percentage is 100%, does that mean that the person downloaded all the material and is serving it or does it mean that I can download the 100% of what that person downloaded (even if he/she downloaded only 50%)? I'm a bit confused, and I hope I've expressed myself well, English isn't my native language.

On the other hand, is there anything I can do to facilitate or decongest the downloads? Or the fact that they have stopped could mean that I came to a standstill? Thank you very much in advance for any information or suggestion you can provide. Best regards!

9 minutes ago, dafaher said:

I guess that's bad news for me.

Bear with it. A while back I had to wait months for one torrent to complete.
Someone else with the torrent might only be seeding during their daylight hours.
So if you're not already doing so, try leaving your PC on during night time.
I've had a few complete only when doing that (nothing during my daytime, but springs into life at night).

@mike20021969 first of all, I'm sorry for the delay. Yesterday I read your message but I wasn't allowed to answer (I didn't know there's a daily limit to send messages). Thank you very much, that's a good advice and makes a lot of sense. I'll leave everything as it is and maybe at some point it will start downloading again. Thanks again for all your help!

Archived