How do you organize files in UT?

fusk

So i just installed utorrent. The thing i can't seem to figure out is how to make utorrent organize my stuff, it's only capable of watching one directory. It'll just download everything into the same folder, so basically max disorganization. I have looked at other clients which are capable of sorting torrents from different directories into different download locations and i assumed this was a standard feature. May be i am missing something or utorrent has no organizations options?

Edit: Just realized how dead this forum is.

19 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

How did you do it when you ran µTorrent 2.2.1? It's most likely a similar if not the same way.

I have not used utorrent since 2014, but was more or less forced to switch. Was recommended utorrent, but before installing i did research alternative clients. Many trackers are really bad at whitelisting new clients which limits the pool, and maybe the support isn't as good as larger "brands".

Was a bit surprised by the lack of any file management features in utorrent.

Ok, what's up with the constant crashing, is it really that unstable? V3.5.5.

I'm barely downloading at 20mb/s and it's sooo unstable. Click anywhere in the UI and it take up to 10 secs for it to respond.

8 hours ago, mike20021969 said:

I believe µTorrent usually creates a dump file after a crash. If it did, upload it for the developers to look at.

I don't see such a thing in AppData\Roaming\uTorrent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 4:29 AM, fusk said:

So i just installed utorrent. The thing i can't seem to figure out is how to make utorrent organize my stuff, it's only capable of watching one directory. It'll just download everything into the same folder, so basically max disorganization. I have looked at other clients which are capable of sorting torrents from different directories into different download locations and i assumed this was a standard feature. May be i am missing something or utorrent has no organizations options?

Edit: Just realized how dead this forum is.

You have to go into the utorrent configuration setting and set folder for each task it does to insure you get the right files to the right location. So go look there. Also before this in the utorrent installed location you have to make a folder for each task so you can keep them separate.

Archived