Remove nVidia Firewall warning?

jape

Unless the NVIDIA Firewall is actually FIXED now, then no.

The problem is the NV firewall freaks out when anything uses UDP extensively (in µTorrent's case, DHT) and will leak memory, possibly until the system runs out and crashes.

But it is working for me!! . I have no memory problems, as you can read on the nForce HQ forums there are some people for whom the firewall works ok... In fact, I've had both enabled for 24 hours now, and memory usage is OK for me (around 13Mb utorrent.exe, 5Mb nSvcIp).

Please put a Disable option in advanced preferences for next version (i.e. so that the warning appears by default), it's pretty annoying for "We know what we're doing users".

Yes, it's usually around 200 peers.

I do have an old router that limits the number of UDP connections my computer can open to 700 (it does that for TCP too, but TCP+UDP = 1400), after the limit is reached new connections time out.

But I think 700 connections is OK (and enough to prove the firewall), just twice I reached that while using uTorrent.

I usually use Gnutella, G2 and ed2k without problems either.

Well, I'm not suggesting the warning be completely removed, but I'd like an "Advanced option" to hide it. A registry key. A command line parameter. Whatever ;).

It's really annoying when I boot up computer remotely... I have to log in there just to click on the OK button.

Please I want to know how remove this warning too..

Nvidia Firewall and uTorrent works perfectly with my config.

Merged double post(s):

Just response like "no impossible" "do that" "do this" or "just shut up and go f...k yourself" please

EDIT by silverfire: The edit function exists for a reason. Please do not double post.

Yeah, I agree that you should be able to disable the message. Just a checkbox on the message for "don't show this warning again" or something.

EDIT: Perhaps making the message automatically re-show if utorrent does crash? But seriously, I don't have a problem with utorrent + NV firewall either (although I do have the newest mobo bios and ethernet / firewall driver / software, which might be why).

• 1 year later...

I am another user that has no problems with nvappfilter.dll, except that whenever i launch µtorrent i get that annoying message box. it is a year and a half after the last post and the warning is still there with no way to disable it. a simple check box with saying do not show me this again would work.

thank you for such a great program.

It's possible you're not noticing the problems other people have, but that the forceware firewall--or whatever it calls itself-- is a leaky, buggy program is not in dispute. As Firon said and DWKnight quoted 1.8 does not "suffer" this problem. Feel free to check out a self-encapsulated install of it after downloading from the in-development thread under the Announcements forum.

The next version will deal with this.

Thanks for reading.

yeah, i read that, but look at the date of the post...

2006-07-29 16:45:31

in july 2006 utorrent would have been in version 1.5 so uh... we are in the next version.

if it is fixed in the upcoming 1.8, then cool, but i didn't see it anywhere in the µTorrent 1.8 alpha 7928 thread in the announcments forum.

Archived