RSS Feeds Stopped Working

ElusiveZatchmo

I too have noticed that SOME of my RSS feeds have stopped working as of several days ago.  Specifically, the list for my showRSS personal feed that sends me all of my favorite shows is now blank and no longer adds torrents to my downloads.  When I open the feed in my web browser, all the recent torrents appear to be listed but I am certainly no expert on RSS feed formatting.  showRSS also has individual feeds for each show... they still appear to be working okay!  My EZTV feed still appears to be functional as well.

Tapping into this one as well. I only use one feed, showRSS, and the last successful feed update and automatic download appears to have happened on the 24th. After messing with it for the last week, I even took the huge step (for me) of updating uTorrent itself. I've been running 3.3.1_29812 flawlessly for a couple years, having reverted to it after a couple of updates went seriously wrong (complete loss of data/settings). Since the RSS feeds have been broken for 10 days, I decided to acknowledge that it might be time for an update to fix them. Happily, the update went well, now running 3.5.5_45341 and it's functional in all respects save my RSS not working. I guess showRSS changed something?

Just tried going back to a previous version of uTorrent that was released well before this problem started with no luck.  I also tried going the other way and installed the uTorrent Beta version... still no success.  I'd have to agree with justmatt's assessment that showRSS changed something.

Just received the following reply from showRSS.  So even though my feed is now working without the recommended change, anyone else still having problems might want to give this a try...

"Can you please try switching the "http" from your feed to "https"? There's a 301 redirect in place and any decent RSS client should take it just fine, but just to make sure whether that solves the problem or not."

Update:  Received a follow-up message from showRSS indicating that this step workaround should not be necessary...

"I reverted the SSL force given that many people were having issues, so you could just leave it as-is."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived