Using CTRL+C to copy torrent information misses name field

Robz

I have encountered an issue in uTorrent with copying information from the list of torrents. If I select a number of torrents and then use CTRL+C to copy information about them, I do indeed get the information but the "Name"-column will not have anything in it. It will just be an empty string while the other columns will include information according to what shows in the GUI.

I sometimes use the copy functionality to get information about my torrents and I was also working on a script to try and automate some things based on the copied information. Unfortunately because the Name field is blank the most important information, the torrent name, is not included in the copied text. Hopefully this should be a fairly easy thing to fix. This functionality also works fine in older versions of uTorrent.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Highlight a number of torrents in the GUI.
  2. Press CTRL+C.
  3. Paste the information in notepad.
  4. Note that the Name field is blank (when it should contain the name of the torrent).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, SergeyQA said:

Try to start uTorrent with /SHOWTEXT flag.    %appdata%/utorrent/utorrent.exe /SHOWTEXT

Thanks a lot! I tried it now and that made it work.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:18 AM, rafi said:

Right, seems to work only with SHOWTEXT.  Maybe add it to the help file (F1) -> command line options? Or even make it the default behavior?

Yeah, I agree 100%. Seems it makes sense as a default setting.

Archived