How much seeds give me a good DL speed cause...

Poken1151

I have a download speed averaging 1450 kB/s but my DL speed in UTorrent maxed out at 227 kB/s and even the it averages aroun 150. So I went through the guide and all that but im still not getting a better speed.

So my question is is it the amount of seeds or is my connection settings just not right. So if someone can please explain in detail how many seeds affect the speed or something like that. Thanks in advance.

What's the maxiumn download speed you set uTorrent to?

227 kB/s is a good download rate, don't except to max out your download speed with every Torrent, it's probably not your fault, the seeders have low upload speed, or there's too much peers, and less seeds around.

You cannot download faster than people can upload to you.

Average TOTAL upload speed of most people on torrents is probably about 20 KB/sec.

And many of them run multiple torrents at once and have multiple upload slots PER torrent, so you're lucky to see a fraction of that!

So each peer or seed you connect to...if they're even uploading to you...are probably only uploading at ~5 KB/sec...if you're lucky! So if you connect to 100 peers+seeds and you're getting 200+ KB/sec, you're beating the average...and it means someone else is getting (FAR!) less than you at the moment. It's almost the case that if your speeds improve immensely, 10 people see their speeds drop immensely even if they didn't change their settings.

My main question is: How fast are you uploading back in return?

It is unreasonable to expect to get far more than you're giving on torrents.

My upload speed is normally higher or equal to my down speed. So when im downloading at 150+ im uploading at 170 or so when im downloading at like 350 im uploading at like 200 or so. Thats it then, I guess im stuck at these speeds. Thanks alot for the explanattions though now I understand.

Archived