Goodbye uTorrent

Sad Patron

I'm sorry to say after over 10 years with uTorrent as my sole torrenting program I've been forced to uninstall it and go with another Client.

This was a hard thing to do for me because it's been a part of my online life for so long.

Here was the problem, one day out of the blue i couldn't download anything. Trackers wouldn't work and wouldn't update. I tried over 6 "fixes" and none of them worked. Looked over forums for over 2 hours (which is beyond ridiculous) and tried what i found there. Nothing worked. 

This isn't to bash uTorrent by any means, it's more a plea. Please make your program easy to use again. Please make it so if an issue like this happens there are only 1 or 2 possible things it can be other than over 6. 

I'm sorry uTorrent, I hope we meet again one day.

Goodbye

On 9/26/2019 at 3:04 AM, Sad Patron said:

I'm sorry to say after over 10 years with uTorrent as my sole torrenting program I've been forced to uninstall it and go with another Client.

This was a hard thing to do for me because it's been a part of my online life for so long.

Here was the problem, one day out of the blue i couldn't download anything. Trackers wouldn't work and wouldn't update. I tried over 6 "fixes" and none of them worked. Looked over forums for over 2 hours (which is beyond ridiculous) and tried what i found there. Nothing worked. 

This isn't to bash uTorrent by any means, it's more a plea. Please make your program easy to use again. Please make it so if an issue like this happens there are only 1 or 2 possible things it can be other than over 6. 

I'm sorry uTorrent, I hope we meet again one day.

Goodbye

1. No history for anyone to follow to understand why your uninstalling utorrent

2. torrent not loading gives readers nothing to follow or to go on to know what is happen.

a. Did you know ISP can throttle your torrents unless using a VPN or Proxy they can detect and throttle. That is beyond utorrent control.

b. what sites or places are you reading all this help at? Know where one is finding the info.

3. What version are you running there is no indications for anyone to know where to start.

4. Whether you use or not use that is up to the user since utorrent is free up to v2 but beyond that v3 had malware ads which alot users disdain for and went back to v2.

And all in all if anyone reading this has no background to start giving help is even harder to do. Also I am still using v2 longer then 10 years and so far have no problems but I do use proxy settings for utorrent protection.

On 9/28/2019 at 6:18 PM, thunderStorm said:

You're in front of me, old version stopped working, ie, would not even open, and  cannot even instal new one at all without running into same error message.

What have you moved to? (just asking) 

What old version?

• 1 month later...

I've maxxed out my computer with 128GB of ram so that I would always have enough memory.  Right?

Wrong.  Utorrent is the ONLY program that routinely crashes on my computer.  The errors are multiple such as

"Windows was unable to allocate memory"  "Unable to create Crash dump". 

There are reports of problems like this going back to 2012.  I think the reason they are not being fixed is because the programmers are unable to re-create the problem on their own computers - so they don't know if they fixed it or not. 

I used to be an excellent programmer myself (until I realized that there is no money to be made in programming).  There are tricks to debugging a program.  Utorrent HAS BUGS.  The trick is to include "checkpoints" inside the program that record what was going on in the program at the time of the crash.  I think they have such "checkpoints" in Utorrent already, but they are unable to decipher their own dumps. 

There is one other company that I can think of that has ongoing bugs that never get fixed - MICROSOFT!  Microsoft's standard answer to solving problems is to format a hard drive and start from scratch!

Archived