1.0.4 Build 1865

MikeFL

Many thanks. Actually the "Restart now" which seemingly was only referring to Safari actually worked just now, so it wasn't the Mac that needed rebooting. 

As an aside, I'm nonetheless at an impasse as my site has not approved of uTorrent Web and is probably not going to it seems. 
I liked uTorrent on windows for years, I liked it on Mac. I did look at three other clients briefly and could not get them to work for me. 
I might just be out of the sharing biz indefinitely. Thanks again for your response. 

Fuga, thank you. Yes I did. For reasons I can't explain when I look to add the files in my torrents folder, the vast majority of them are grayed out. 
I imagine it's all repairable and no doubt can work I just am lacking the skills without some serious assistance to make it happen. 
Seems it will be that or nothing the way things look. I've also just been too busy to set the time aside to deal with it. Thanks again.

Fuga, thanks again. I'm sure it's do-able. I'm just lacking the skill set to get it done. While I've been using computers for ages, I'm new to the Mac world, and although uTorrent never failed me  it worked so well for me on Windows and then on the iMac, I never took the time to really learn it, or other clients. I've tried Qbittorrent, Transmission, and Deluge on the Mac, all accepted by my site, but they just didn't happen for me. I'll try and 'get back on the horse' one day, perhaps a break for now is okay. 

Just know there is nothing overtly "Mac" that is causing your issue. Or, rather, shouldn't be. I've gone back and forth for years, Win/Mac, and know of nothing OS specific.

Yeah, beaks can be good, as long as they are just breaks.

I'm sure you're right. There is something on in that a great majority of say 500+ files show a file name as xxx.torrent.imported - I suspect this is causing a problem with QBittorrent being able to 'discover' them. When I'm able I'll have to get together with my son, put our heads together and see what we can figure out. But I do believe that's the issue, but also why it wasn't a problem for uTorrent. Here's a snippet of the directory. Thanks for your time and interest.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 7.41.20 PM.png

Thanks once again. See that's the issue here it seems. If I have hundreds of files that are xxx.torrent.imported I believe this is why QBittorrent, Deluge and Transmission are not seeing them but uTorrent did, as does uTorrent Web. But they're grayed out just viewing them as above so it's not just a situation of renaming *.torrent.imported *.torrent or some manner. I'm frankly just baffled. Seems to me if I go forward I'm starting from scratch with a half a dozen or so. 

I'd have to go back to this spring when the new iMac came out. I installed 1.8.7 at the time, but was still running uTorrent on the Windows box. Oddly that Windows machine died shortly thereafter. I'm sure it was pure jealousy. I pulled the drive and my son and I dragged the torrents to the Mac and while I lost a few everything was fine on Mac 1.8.7. - I have to assume in that process that .imported was added and I never realized it. So, what I'd like to do is start all over again from that original drive and QBittorrent, and assume I can avoid them being renamed .imported. This will probably all take a bit of time as he'll be away, we'll be away and then the holidays. Clearly this is resolvable, and only now seeing that file extension explains the roadblock. Some problems are of our own making. Generally when trouble arises I always assume "it's me not you" while everyone blames someone else. Thanks again for listening.

It appears your Mac can read the drive that had the files. For sure, a simple Finder copy should have had the files named properly, no .imported extension.

Best of luck to you. I look forward to at some point reading here that all is well.

Archived