connecting to seeds/peers problem

Slippah

Hi, i have a problem connecting to seeds/peers. I have a green light, it says my port is open. I connect to about 5 out of 100 seeds and about 50 out of 1000 peers. The deal is, i dont connect to any peers/seeds AT ALL with other clients and i download at 6-7kb/s with Bitcomet and others. I download at about 50kb/s normally with Utorrent and SOMETIMES reach 80kb/s. My brother and me share the same network and he always connects to the maximum number of seeds and he downloads 150-200kb/s. I have a 3mb line and 512k upload speed.

Any solutions would be VERY appreciated and here is the image of my problem:

untitledod2.th.jpg

What upload settings are you both using? You may be overloading the connection when both are torrenting at full speed.

Also, what are all your CTRL+G speed guide settings? If both you and your brother sets them high, it could cause problems even when download and upload speeds aren't near max.

I was using 512k upload settings in speed guide, but now i went to Preferences and changed my upload speed to 60kb/s because i have a 615k upload max.

I set 60kb/s and 140 global maximum connections on my bro's PC, and it works like a charm for him since.

You can't both be uploading at 60 KB/sec at once though -- if you try, likely one will run fast and the other slow.

Many modems and routers cannot sustain 200+ connections at once. Your combined settings (with your brother's) can exceed that.

If possible, it'd be best to run just 1 instance of µTorrent and queue up everything on it. Better than having 2 on separate computers fight over bandwidth. :P

Archived