removing torrent deletes data

fmzlot

Try: Click the torrent then click Remove icon, or right-clicking on the torrent>Remove. Does either or both also delete data? If it does, it's possible your settings.dat file could be corrupted.
Exit uTorrent. Back up then remove both settings.dat & settings.dat.old from uTorrent's application data folder.
Create an empty text file and rename it settings.dat. Launch uTorrent. Does the problem persist?
NOTE: With a new settings.dat file, you'll have to reconfigure uTorrent settings (e.g. Directory download folders etc.) over again to your liking.

Thanks, Mike, for an intelligent reply - they seem to be in short order these days. I'll go out on a limb and say that's gotta be it. If not I'll just have to do a complete removal and reinstall. (Already did the halfassed overwrite install - should have known better.)

<.....>

...and of course that worked thank you so much! Now I just gotta go back and take out the ads....

12 hours ago, fmzlot said:

...and of course that worked thank you so much! Now I just gotta go back and take out the ads....

Good to hear! Once you've got everything as you like it, exit uTorrent. Then zip/rar (i.e. archive) that settings.dat file. If you should ever have problems in the future, you can extract the working settings from your archive and you'll be good to go.

B7zsyJH5_o.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived