uTorrent Detected as Trojan or Malware

MrBlackhole

What's up with utorrent? Every version after 3.4.9, all are detected as virus! I have to exclude it every time to run it. Even free anti-viruses, windows defender sees it as trojan or malware. It wasn't like this in previous versions. Sometimes even downloading utorrent was blocked. I don't get this. In the past they added crypto currency miner that used 90% RAM and I stopped using utorrent for years because of that and now this?! Windows defender did not detect utorrent as virus before 3.4.9 but after 3.5 every installer was detected as virus. Even the latest one. Is this a false alarm or anything?

On 12/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, MrBlackhole said:

What's up with utorrent? Every version after 3.4.9, all are detected as virus! I have to exclude it every time to run it. Even free anti-viruses, windows defender sees it as trojan or malware. It wasn't like this in previous versions. Sometimes even downloading utorrent was blocked. I don't get this. In the past they added crypto currency miner that used 90% RAM and I stopped using utorrent for years because of that and now this?! Windows defender did not detect utorrent as virus before 3.4.9 but after 3.5 every installer was detected as virus. Even the latest one. Is this a false alarm or anything?

Hi there. I have the same problem. Usually, I manually set up Utorrent as no virus/spam program so my PC can use it B)

Archived