slow downloads is this normal ?

riverwind1962

i have just installed utorrent and i am trying to download some of the files and i currently have 3 in que now and all of them are over an gig in size and for somereason none of them want to download faster than a couple of k and says it will take weeks for me to get them i am on a dsl connection and can download alot faster than this with regurlar internet downloads so my question is -- is this normal with utorrent or have i got something configured wrong ? if this is not normal for a dsl connection can anyone point me in the right direction for what i can check for faster downloads

thanks in advance

Bill

no i am not firewalled but ran the tests that were on the control -g and set up accourding to the speed tests that were performed and now it is downloading very fast thank you for your help and insight now i am downloading at 60 and 70 kbs much faster than 2 to 5 kbs and now says hours instead of weeks again thanks

speeds with this bittorrent thingy are not guaranteed, unless you only download "legal" content from www.legaltorrents.com

Only in cases like that you have a guaranteed high speed peer that is always there for you to DL from.

So if you made everything right (green light, right upload speed setting) you must live with the speeds you get from those fellow "criminals" like you and me with our crappy home connections. (Praise the FSM for the invention of Sweden) ;)

Archived