My resume.old.dat file isn't right, HELP PRETTY PLEASE

turfking888

Hi all. My resume.old.dat has wrong association and will not load or at least, that is what I think and I have searcged everywhere to figure out how to change it back, I deleted Registry  to where the >dat openswith has only default left as an option. I nistaled and reinstalled it like 5 times with no success each time trying something differnt. I seem to have changed the association by accident because it used to look like a white fil and said DAT under TYPE but now it says OLD and it has the Utorrent Symbol instead of a plain white file as its Icon. I think thats all the info I have. Its been a trying and aggravating 3 hours trying to fix this so if anyone can help at all or have any suggestions, I am all ears and appreciate very much. I have given up on getting my old in progress and partial torrents back on track unless someone else knows a trick. I did save a Backup of both Resume files but the old one also changed association in that folder on a different drive and I suppose that is usual but I never noticed that before with other things and i usually fix my screwups much easier than this so please if you can help me, Please do. Thanks in advance of any and all help -T

uTorrent is able to handle the file regardless of what the association is.

to use your backup, you simply replace the files already in the folder with your backup.

If that continues to fail, you can follow http://help.utorrent.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1826055-how-do-i-migrate-torrents-from-another-client-to-this-one- to reload your torrents.

12 minutes ago, DreadWingKnight said:

uTorrent is able to handle the file regardless of what the association is.

to use your backup, you simply replace the files already in the folder with your backup.

If that continues to fail, you can follow http://help.utorrent.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1826055-how-do-i-migrate-torrents-from-another-client-to-this-one- to reload your torrents.

Hey thanks. While I was awaiting this to post after being reviewed, I got the 17th's backup to work and I think in another older folder that I saved when it  crashed on me, that has the last few days there I think so I assume though time consuming, I can get them back on there and recheck them to see where I am at actually. Trying to update old files to 720P while I can and the ones that I can because when I rip DVDs, I never seem to be able to get them into a format to stream without losing quality.

Anyway so I have another issue now and maybe you can help? Now I have most of them back loaded, there are 90% of them RED stating ERROR. Cant Open Torrent File and I have tried Starting and Stoping them. I tried Rechecking them and I tried Clearing The Peer List on each and reset Bans but Nothing works so if theres a trick or something I can do to get them out of this state so they can be Re-Checked so I can see what files are how much finished, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any and all suggestions and for the last message as well. -T

Archived