File dates not correct AGAIN (happens about every 6 months.) AGAIN

shellig

Anyone know a setting or anything that would change a file save date to the wrong date?

Went through this and made a bug report 4 previous times.  Any other file I save any other way has the right date so it must be related to utorrent or an interaction with it and something else.  I am surprised no one else has seen this??

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate that someone responded to my post.

The torrent file has the right date but the file downloaded using utorrent does not.

Compared to the current date using the most recent version & build - I update every time I am notified.  3.5.5 build 45505.

The date started working correctly, magically three days ago but because this constantly happens any insight is appreciated. In the attached link,  I had screen shots and more information about the behavior I have been seeing. This is the third or fourth time I have posted about this happening.  Every time, I have tried completely removing Utorrent and adding it back, even cleaning registry keys in between, and it does not fix the problem.

> using the most recent version & build

Most recent is build 45550 I suggest you use it

> The date started working correctly, magically three days ago

Good to hear... Regardless, uT does not determine the date, the OS does (uT is using APIs). I think this is related to your Windows OS/time, so I suggest that when it happens again, you disable retrieving the time automatically by Windows, and try to leave it  statically.

Will download the newest verson (thought it was my number dyslexia at first, made me look three times!)  Says no update but am clicking on the link you provided.  Almost afraid to since it has the right date as of three days ago and may "reset."

My system date and time are right (which is why the torrent file had the right date and time when saved).  So not that.  Thanks for trying.

Archived