Seeding ratio REALLY starting to suffer

ifyoufly

Hello. I've only fairly recently switched to UTorrent and I'm really liking the change except for the one problem I've run into. Unlike BitTorrent, when I close UT then reopen it, none of my seeding activity continues so it seems as though I must keep UT open at all times to finish the seeding processes. I've tried updating the trackers and every other option that I'm aware of. It seems there is probably a simple solution and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse w/ this topic. Thanks for your time.

For example: if I were at 110% seeded and my max. seeding rate was set to end at 150%, I close UT then open it again, it doesn't leave off at 110% and continue to the end. It opens w/ a red x beside the name and Error: can't op... under the status column. When I was using BitTorrent I could close at anytime and when I opened it again the seeding would pick up where it left off.

My folders are all confused...I'm trying to untangle this mess right now...should the .torrent files be in the same folder as the complete files? What are the optimal settings for folder locations (how many folders should I use? by example, where should I specify in the preferences for the specific files to go?)

Archived