Why have my seeding torrents turned to red?

Mister Moisture

Last month I asked why I was having problems with uTorrent and Rafi suggested I use his settings.dat file which I did and all was fine - for a while.

I also contacted my ISP and asked what they could do so after supplying a new router, two days later they decided to upgrade me to fibre and increased my download speed to 100 M at the same time.

To confuse things further, I think I saw that there may have been an update to uTorrent since then because now I find that things aren't working as as well as before.

For example, torrents now take ages to start downloading and seeding.  The whole things seems to have slowed down a lot, but as my ISP has doubled my speed and put me on fibre, I would have thought it should not do that.

Also many torrents don't seem to seed as they did and today I suddenly see that many of them are red, as in the attached picture.  I can't find out what that means, but I assume that for some reason it means they aren't available for upload although they are all in the folder I store torrents in.  I would estimate that about 80% of torrents are now red instead of green.

I have reset uTorrent using the downloaded settings.dat, but it doesn't seem to be working as it did at first.  

Is there any chance of advising on settings for seeding and speeding things up?

uTorrent 3.5.5 Build 45608

Red seeders 1.jpg

Red seeding means one or more trackers is not working/offline. A tracker being offline can either be temporary or permanent.
Unless the torrent is private, trackers aren't really necessary. Also, a well seeded torrent will start/download just as quick with no trackers.
Anyway, if you find the red seeding status annoying, you can simply remove any/all of the none working trackers by right-clicking on an offending tracker>Remove Tracker.

51 minutes ago, mike20021969 said:

Red seeding means one or more trackers is not working/offline. A tracker being offline can either be temporary or permanent.
Unless the torrent is private, trackers aren't really necessary. Also, a well seeded torrent will start/download just as quick with no trackers.
Anyway, if you find the red seeding status annoying, you can simply remove any/all of the none working trackers by right-clicking on an offending tracker>Remove Tracker.

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed this morning that most of the torrents that were red yesterday were green earlier today but I have just checked and they are back to red again!  

I had asked my ISP to check my setup after an earlier post a few weeks back about poor speeds and they changed my entire setup to fibre and doubled the speed.  All this has happened since then.

Also I see I have started to get this yellow starred tick instead of a green tick when I run the setup guide.  No idea why this should be there.  Any thoughts?  Should I be banging the table at my ISP to see what they are up to?

yellow tick.jpg

1 hour ago, mike20021969 said:

Added - 

Also, when I try to use the setup guide to check bandwidth speed, I get an error saying 'Connection error: an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used (10047) as attached'

Further thoughts?

yellow tick.jpg

Archived