The new search bar is over the toolbar icons

Astaroth6305

Yes I have the same issue. I posted my question here :

Im using uTorrent on my 75" 4K TV in the lounge. In windows display settings 'Scale and layout' I have 225% set to make the screen readable. This issue was not present in the build before the latest.

Thanks Rafi, using Application makes the icons smaller and more crisp but too small for my 75" lounge TV. I have always used System which makes the icons larger but not as crisp. It was working perfectly the build before last. Now you cant drag the search bar out the way anymore. Whatever change they made it would be nice to have it reverted/made the same functionality as before.

Or... Make the application DPI aware and scale icons/text accordingly. Then I wouldnt have to change high DPI settings.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else have this issue? Theres been 1 response from SergeyQA in this post BUT he has not replied since. I have had no reply from my post on the same issue (linked above).

Its minor but annoying as it was NOT this way the version previous ... please fix this issue!

2 hours ago, niczoom said:

Its minor but annoying as it was NOT this way the version previous ... please fix this issue!

Just curious here, are you (and some of the rest here) just don't want this search box  visible in the middle of the bar (or even not at all, since you don't use it), or is it more the fact that it can touch the buttons on the left more often now being closer?

1 hour ago, rafi said:

Just curious here, are you (and some of the rest here) just don't want this search box  visible in the middle of the bar (or even not at all, since you don't use it), or is it more the fact that it can touch the buttons on the left more often now being closer?

Its is "more the fact that it can touch the buttons on the left more often now being closer?"

I find the search box helpful to filter my torrents at time.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:31 AM, rafi said:

First of all, rafi, the search bar is not just "visible in the middle of the bar", it´s stuck on the left, over the stop, up and down buttons, as shown in the captured image I posted on August, 30. Second, the fact is that the up and down buttons are now not visible all the time, as they were in previous versions of uTorrent. They are now hidden by the search box, so it makes more annoying (it takes more than one mouse click) to move up or down the torrents in the list. If the position of the search box really stays in the middle of the bar, as you said, no matter what screen resolution is used, I think it resolves the issue.

Why did uTorrent change the position of the search box, anyway?! The toolbar has been working fine until then...

Agreed.

If the position of the search box really stays in the middle of the bar, as you said, no matter what screen resolution is used, I think it resolves the issue.

1. The search box width (from memory) seems to be a little larger than before.
2. Previously, when you moved the mouse to the left side of the search box a drag icon appeared which let you move the search box towards the right.
3. I think it should be right aligned or give us back the option to drag it where we like.

And where is SergeyQA dissapeared too? He posted above once then nothing.

I have the exact same problem.  I even managed to remove the search bar completely and the UP /  DOWN buttons still remain hidden.  The problem is less of an issue if I stretch out (or maximize) my uTorrent window.  Unfortunately, i usually run uTorrent in windowed mode.  It seems like the search bar is taking precedence over the toolbar icons.

The OP is correct in stating that this was not an issue in the previous versions.

• 1 month later...

Archived