A connection problem with uTorrent 1.6

Watcher07

I started using uTorrent 1.6 a few weeks ago & it was working well. The download speed was 30 to 40 KB/S which was ok.

But then last week I'd this problem where the download speed dropped to 9 or 10 KB/S & Upload speed is 22 KB/S

The yellow icon gave me this

"No incoming connection. Unless the icon turn green, it could indicate a problem with your network configuration"

Thing is that I've a DSL & my internet is fine & there is a connection.

What I should do about this.

Thanks

>> Has your computer's LAN ip changed?

No idea how to find out

>> And what Speed Guide (CTRL+G) settings limits are you using?

Connection type xx/512

Upload limit 47 kB/S

Upload slots 4

Max active torrents 3

Max active download 2

>> What was the tested down+up speeds of your connection?

This is the result from dslreports.com

speed test result on 2006-07-30 03:27:53 EST:

114 / 92

Your download speed : 114 kbps or 14.2 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 92 kbps or 11.5 KB/sec.

--------------------------------------------------

Now, the other thing is that I'm running 5 active torrents in the same time. What the solution.

That means that if you obtained in the speed tests 114/92 kbps you should choose the nearest value in the speed guide, wich is xx/96k.

You are NOT allowed to run more than ONE torrent at a time (as speed guide says also) - your speed is much too slow.

Firon means you use your measured upload speed as the basis for picking speed guide settings.

The closest ones for your connection is either xx/64k or xx/96k.

It's always possible to tweak whatever settings it chooses, but it helps to have an idea how your changes might affect download+upload speeds as well as overall stability.

For me, I can upload at 35-42 KB/sec sustained (depending on whether download/doing other things at the time on the net). But if I push it to just 43 KB/sec upload speed, my bandwidth graph goes spikey. By 50 KB/sec, the approximate average upload speed I'm managing is really only about 30 KB/sec -- and my internet browsing is laggy and even times out occassionally with "this page cannot be displayed"!

Archived