utorrent crashing

ryoken1972

Hello, . ive been using uTorrent for years on my server,  but recently i had to move everything onto my everyday rig,  i7 32 gig ram , 
ive recently came up with uTorrent running out of memory, or uTorrent randomly crashing ,   its not when i have  added new torrents , (currently have 1034 downloading and 3610 seeding , nothing is forced, everything is just left to its own devices, i can leave it alone  or over night and can guarantee it either shut down or ive got a utorrent has crashed box,  the only thing i have changed is im using 2 WD external drives as storage.using 3.5.5 beta,

hope some one can help. 

cheers

During any moves if your settings and locations are changed it will not be the same as before and you will have to relink every torrent to make it work again downloading the torrents. Any hardware changes from previous hardware settings means you have to reset and start again as the new setting aren't the old settings.

thanks for the reply , i get 99% of my torrents from one site , (i wont name this site), and it has taken me ages of sorting rehashing downloading ,   but now its all  sorted out nicely :)

i have noticed just before a crash , my pc runs slower than usual , , next time it crashes i shall take note of the errors

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Rafi, will give it a go :)

nope, it still crashes

i have found something out though might not be anything ,if im on my computer, with uTorrent running as normal (downloading state)  it doesn't really crash, its only when i  leave it alone (eg bed of work),  plus, i left it alone today for 8 hours,  with settings set to seeding torrent has priority,  and it dint crash?.

odd

Archived