Speed cap?

ryboto

I've been using utorrent for a long time. This summer I moved to a new place, and now I'm on a wireless connection, using a Dlink 4300 router. I've port forwarded the specified port (60000), as without the portforward, downloads wont initiate. The program downloads, but only at a maximum of ~30KB/s. It wont go above this, I can have 1 torrent downloading, or multiple, the 30KB is split up, or dedicated to one transfer. I've enabled encryption, tried dissabling the DHT stuff, not sure what else I can try. If this is related to my ISP, is there any way around it? Or should I have done more searching before I posted this? As a reference, I've been able to reach constant speeds of 600+KB/s while downloading files and the like.

i still only download with a max of 30kB/s. The only Cable provider for the area is Comcast, the same provider I had at my last apartment. So, I'm assuming it's either the router, or Comcast has changed something with their service.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 5602 Kbps about 5.6 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 684 kB/s

Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/07/30 - 7:42am

Bottom Line:: 98X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.5 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 8.75 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 4.89 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-4YAXVUPTZ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 [!]

That was from Testmy. I have the upload speed set to 5kB/s, and at my old apartment, that didn't stop me from downloading at speeds up to 400kB/s. I used to be able to get 1.5GB files in one night, that is, if they were well seeded. And yes, there is a green light.

Unconvincing -- other than the *possible* throttling some people had on Comcast, they had no issues regarding the upload sucking up their download speeds if they set everything up correctly. That means NOT being a leecher, but at the same time, NOT setting the upload to an unreasonably high amount. AKA let the Speed Guide set your upload speed and don't mess around with it. And no, it's not an unhelpful answer -- it's the answer to your problems, through and through.

alright, you could try not being an ass, and listening. I've been using utorrent, with Comcast, for nearly 2 years. During that time, I was living in a different place, and I had unrestricted bandwidth, utorrent would pretty much gobble up whatever it could, which was fine, as I typically let it run over night when no one was using the connection. Now, here, I am capped at 30kB/s down, dedicated 5kB/s up. If i change the 5 to 10, i only download at 20kB/s. If that's "unconvincing", then come on over, and see for yourself.

edit: I tried the speed guide thing, that I don't remember ever seeing in previous versions of the program, and now I'm uploading at 35-45kB/s, and the download speeds are about the same. they went as high as 50kB/s, but I don't know if this is due to the specific torrents or not.

Archived