Horribly bad speeds after reinstalling windows?

JasonBjorn

Hey all, new to the forum and havent used utorrent in a few years, i usually use FDM. Anyway, i got a new motherboard and an nvme the other day, so i reinstalled windows completely and noticed after that that any torrent i download is incredibly slow, no matter how good the torrent itself is? For example, the torrent im currently downloading has 1500 seeds but in utorrtent its only showing "3 (56)" and im downloading it 0.7kB/s whereas before installing windows i would get my usual speed on almost all torrents. FDM doesn't show the number of seeds but after testing on FDM with a file i KNOW i can download fast, i decided to try out utorrent, and it was insanely slow on BOTH. I'm using NordVPN and have tried a regular connection and a P2P connection and nothing changes.......what the hell is going on? Why is it after reinstalling windows this shit happens?

If it means anything i just watched my connection spike to 3MB/s for a couple seconds then suddenly plummet back down, no idea why that is? 

So again, using NordVPN, tried both a regular and P2P connection, and my firewall is off for testing purposes. I also heard that portforwarding port 80 will help, tried that in my routers settings, it still claims the port is not forwarded despite it being done........i know its done because for you to host a server on assetto corsa you need to port forward a port of your choosing and it works the exact same way and that's working just fine.

So are you sure it's not the VPN throttling your internet because it detect torrent usage? That number seems rather low for sharing and that could also be the problem. If it spikes and drop to kilobits that would indicate ISP throttle. I seen this happen and experienced this. So unless you use another provider or VPN to test this - I would narrow this down to ISP throttle. Also try the link at the end of my posting and see what speeds you get and if you get what I wrote says it does then you got ISP throttle happening.

Archived