utorrent puts everything in 'downloads' folder

utorrenter123

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, PiusX said:

Look at your settings to change where the files are saved to. This is something you need to look at in your settings there is option to do this.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had done this by pic related, I guess I forgot and need to do it in one of the top 2 fields. Thanks much again.

utorrent2.JPG

On 2/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, PiusX said:

Look at your settings to change where the files are saved to. This is something you need to look at in your settings there is option to do this.

Ok, still having some problems here. Files are still being stored in This PC- Downloads, also possibly in This PC- Videos, not sure if they're being stored in the selected folder which is Elements- Video because I copied and pasted a bunch of videos from Downloads before trying to redirect where I want them stored. This definitely a new thing as I've never had this problem before despite using Utorrent for the past decade or more. Will post second post to finish w/ screenshots. Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much.

Capture 4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

8 hours ago, rafi said:

You need to specify the download location in "Put new downloads in:".

"Store .torrent" - is for the *.torrent files, not your downloads...

Thanks, I finally did that but couldn't post because of post limits and it still kept happening so I looked up old posts on google and saw where a member said it didn't apply to already picked torrents and I had a lot in queue so I deleted all of them and tried a new one and it worked fine. Thanks again everyone for all the help.

Archived